Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thirty.

30…

So, my twenties are over. And the way people talk, you’d think my life was, too! But, I’m not threatened by thirty, not one bit. And here’s why:

My twenties were pretty great. I accomplished quite a bit in my life.  I served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and learned Hungarian to do it.  I studied at a great university, and had a ton of fun doing it.  I got two Bachelor’s degrees, became a nurse, and worked for a few amazing organizations in healthcare. I met and married my best friend, Ken Buley.  We traveled a little: I got to see Maui, Washington DC, Yellowstone and the Tetons, Disneyland and California Adventure, and San Francisco.  I became a mom (and gave birth, but becoming a mom was way cooler and less painful than giving birth), and now I have the best gift ever: my sweet little boy, Benjamin.  We even moved across the country to Texas!

I think the reason the number doesn’t bother me is that I don’t have many regrets. I have loved hard, and gotten my heartbroken. I have tried a good many things and failed at a lot of them, but I have tried! I have suffered, had hardships, been through trials of faith and come out better, stronger and more happy. I have made a good many mistakes, but I have learned so much about myself, and about life in the process that they feel almost like milestones rather than setbacks. I have been blessed to have amazing friends, and loyal family by my side, and I achieved all that I really wanted to achieve. I think that life has really been good to me.

And I have so much left to do: more children (not announcement, just a plan), our first house (coming Fall 2013), more making memories, more fun! I don’t feel old at all (until I talk to someone younger), I just feel right.

So, thirty isn’t so bad. I feel like I’ve earned it. Why stay 29 forever when you might miss out on the rest of what life’s next phase has to offer? There’s plenty more life left in me, and I am excited to take it on! Bring your best, Thirty! I can’t wait.

1 comment: