Saturday, April 13, 2013

A little Texas for me...

We're here! We have arrived in our new home. It's been a very busy week. Let me hit the highlights...

- Benjamin learned to push himself up to standing
- Ken, my dad and two of my brothers: Nicholas and Jonathan drove the moving truck and our two cars from Salt Lake to Houston
- Benjamin and I flew down (by ourselves) to Houston
- Our family greeted us with open arms here
- Got introduced to one of the best parts of Houston (and Texas in general, as I understand)-THE FOOD!
- Ken randomly (or not so randomly) ran into the Stake Relief Society President
- The Elders visited
- Benjamin started to walk
- We bought a few new items to help us settle in- a TV, and a new dresser
- I got a pedicure, and an eyebrow wax
- I saw a darling school play- and Anya was great (Ken's cousin's daughter)

Needless to say, we are getting acclimated here. Ken and I keep saying to ourselves that it sort of feels like we are on vacation. But, we'll get used to it soon, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment